[BULK] - RE: [f-nsp] Problems getting OSPF running

Dan Norton dan at synccast.com
Tue Apr 13 12:50:52 EDT 2004

> Do you mean that OSPF was working when your connection was on
> the e4/1 interface before you turned on route-only?  Did you
> test by adding the statements to the now-working interface?
> Are you able to test?  This would be interesting information.

OSPF was not working on the e4/1 fast ethernet interface although a
debug showed LSAs being received from the neighbor routers.
I then took the Foundry to the DataCenter and plugged it into the GigE
ports.
At that point, OSPF worked and loaded routes from the e3/1 interface but
e3/2 was disabled due to spanning tree.
I had to disable layer 2 so e3/2 could load BGP from our peer router.

It's very strange, and I can't see any reason (other than a bug) for
OSPF to work fine on a GigE interface but not on Fast Ethernet.

Dan Norton
CCNA, MCP
Network Administrator
WareNet/SyncCast
dan at ware.net
dan at synccast.com
(949) 417 - 2300 x 2360
(888) 927 - 3329 (Fax)
Emergency Cell Phone: 949-300-4215
SMS: emergency at ware.net
aim: deveyn
WebSite Development, Web Hosting, Connectivity, Colocation

"When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things
can turn into deadly projectiles."