[f-nsp] Foundry Edge Switches (24/48G)

Cliff Fogle Cliff at ofoto.com
Fri Apr 23 17:26:13 EDT 2004

They are awful.  I have 5 25G-A installed.  Recently one went offline.
Is switching/forwarding just fine, but I can't remotely manage it any
longer.

Then...this morning, randomly, all 5 are now in the same state.  From
the console they cannot even ping themselves.  No telnet, ssh, http or
snmp.  Nothing.  My core FI1500 has an arp entry for the management ip
interface...but I can't reach them.  Foundry is completely stumped, I
have a developer coming onsite to check them out.  But I'm honestly
trying to get them to take them back and give me some of the new FI X
series in return.

Stay away from the EI's.