[f-nsp] snmp question

Scott Weeks sweeks at sandiego.edu
Thu Apr 29 15:54:34 EDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Clifton Royston wrote:
:  On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 08:45:50AM +0200, Cliff Albert wrote:
:  > On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:56:50PM -0700, Scott Weeks wrote:

:  > > But, I just had to ask the group.  I'm setting up RRDTool and Cricket and
:  > > would like to get stats on the virtual interfaces.

:  > Same issue here, I think this is not supported by Foundry boxes. I just
:  > count bytes at the switch ports in which these virtual interfaces
:  > terminate.

:    When you say virtual interfaces, are you talking what Cisco calls
:  subinterfaces, e.g. VLAN traffic on a port, or are you talking virtual
:  servers a la ServerIron?  No experience with the former and not sure if
:  it's possible, but there are some Cricket examples for graphing virtual
:  servers (though I'm not using them.)

Hi Clifton,

I want to graph these:

     interface ve 3
      port-name Building A
      ip address 172.16.80.1 255.255.240.0

Where we have several physical interfaces going to bldg a.

     interface ethernet 2/1
      port-name Building A-5915
     !
     interface ethernet 2/2
      port-name Building A-5921
     !
     interface ethernet 2/3
      port-name Building A-5927

It just occurred to me that I can just have the program sum all the
physical interfaces and graph the total.  This is kludgy, but it should be
the same as graphing the virtual interface.

Mahalo from a mainland-constrained (temporarily) Oahu and Maui person.  I
did the Digital Island thing (just down Bishop St.) a few years
back.  Good luck on the Series A financing!

scott