[f-nsp] snmp question

Clifton Royston cliftonr at tikitechnologies.com
Thu Apr 29 18:49:09 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 12:54:34PM -0700, Scott Weeks wrote:
> Where we have several physical interfaces going to bldg a.
>
>      interface ethernet 2/1
>       port-name Building A-5915
>      !
>      interface ethernet 2/2
>       port-name Building A-5921
>      !
>      interface ethernet 2/3
>       port-name Building A-5927
>
> It just occurred to me that I can just have the program sum all the
> physical interfaces and graph the total.  This is kludgy, but it should be
> the same as graphing the virtual interface.

  Yes, I have done this in the past with Cricket.  It works for the N:1
real:virtual case, but of course not for the other way around.

> Mahalo from a mainland-constrained (temporarily) Oahu and Maui person.  I
> did the Digital Island thing (just down Bishop St.) a few years
> back.  Good luck on the Series A financing!

  Thanks, we are definitely looking!

  I knew a few guys at DI (John Englehart, and much later Jason
Forester) slightly from other contexts, mainly from their Hawaii Online
days.  One of the highest implied compliments LavaNet ever got as an
ISP was when pretty near the entire systems department of HOL came over
to sign up for LavaNet accounts en masse.

  -- Clifton

          Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at tikitechnologies.com
         Tiki Technologies Lead Programmer/Software Architect
Did you ever fly a kite in bed?  Did you ever walk with ten cats on your head?
  Did you ever milk this kind of cow?  Well we can do it.  We know how.
If you never did, you should.  These things are fun, and fun is good.
                                                                 -- Dr. Seuss