[f-nsp] Yet Another Nat Question

Gerlof.Dijk gerlof.dijk at hccnet.nl
Thu Dec 9 07:28:57 EST 2004

Why not admin your systemen on the private addresses? A bit more secure
because you don't expose you systems to the outside world:-)

But it is possible to bind SSH to a VIP. It is even possible to admin all
your systemen with 1 vip address and different tcp ports (and using port
translations) witch has the benefit that you secure this single VIP with a
ACL.

And you can use your static nat solution. But again, static nat is
bidirectional (makes no diffecrence if you use "static nat inside" or
"static nat outside"). When you use static Nat to do source nat it is also
possible to connect to the NAT address (directly connecting to your internal
server) . Thats why Nat pools are more secure.

greetings