[f-nsp] Question regarding my wishlist

Gunther Stammwitz gstammw at gmx.net
Thu Dec 23 16:23:14 EST 2004

Hello Colleagues,

I'm going to buy a foundr bigiron 4000 that is going to be used as a router
for up to 200 megabits of traffic (about 25k pps) using bgp4. I need two
gigabit-uplink-ports.

My current wishlist can be found below. I'd appreciate your feedback.. Are
there any drawbacks regarding my choice of modules?

B4000 with dual-AC
J-FxGMR4 with 256 MB of Ram and 4 mini-gbics
Fi3L3UR-PROM upgrade.

Does anyone know if I can get future software upgrades without a support
contract?
The chassi is brand new. So I should be able to get a support contract,
right.. If so? who's the best reseller?

Thanks,
Gunther