[f-nsp] Serveriron / nat

Timothy Arnold tim at uksolutions.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:19:47 EST 2004

Hi Foundry Guru's

I am hoping someone could enlighten me on now network address
translation works in the serveriron. Here is the situation.

I have two vlan's configured - the public vlan with routable IP
addresses, this is where the VIP addresses are. The second vlan is a
standard 10.x netblock where the servers are located. I have a number
of VIPs and load balance a number of web servers - this works great.

However, I have a management server that will be accessible via web,
ssh etc. Do I need to create a VIP address just for this one server, or
can I someway map a public IP address to the internal IP address and
vice versa?

I hope I have made myself clear!

Thanks
Tim. :)