[f-nsp] using

Cliff Albert cliff-nsp at oisec.net
Sat Oct 2 05:12:21 EDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 10:12:19AM +0100, Bruce Rodger wrote:

> It's (rancid) a very useful tool. I find that the main benefit is not that it
> backs up the configs, but that it tells you what has changed, and
> when. Very useful in an environment where several people are modifying
> router configs.

We are doing the same, but then with custom build software and also the
use of CVS (which rancid also employs). I had some troubles using rancid
in our setup of mainly different equipment and had to rebuild something
from scratch which would do the job. However it's really custom so
expect no public release anywhere soon.

--
Cliff Albert <cliff at oisec.net>