[f-nsp] Serveriron xl - Def GW for real servers?

Cliff Fogle Cliff at ofoto.com
Tue Oct 12 13:22:30 EDT 2004

Yah.  No VE's on the XL series.  You need to use server source-ip and
ip-subnet vlans like so:

server source-ip 192.168.5.253 255.255.255.0 192.168.5.1
server source-ip 10.0.16.8 255.255.252.0 10.0.16.1

vlan 110 by port
 tagged ethe 9 to 10
 ip-subnet 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0
!
vlan 111 by port
 tagged ethe 9 to 10
 ip-subnet 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0
!
vlan 112 by port
 tagged ethe 9 to 10
 ip-subnet 10.0.16.0 255.255.252.0

Vlan 111 has no source-ip as the management ip interface is in that
subnet.  You can only have a max of 8 source-ips defined.  Basically you
are just giving the SI an ip interface from which to send it's
health-checks.  You will also need to configure ip forwarding and
"router interfaces" depending on your topology.  I use DSR so do not
need to use the SI as a default router.  This has it's own disadvantages
however.  I believe I've posted this a little more clearly here before:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=foundry-nsp&m=108570138613104&w=2