[f-nsp] Password reset

Scott Weeks sweeks at sandiego.edu
Thu Oct 21 09:50:06 EDT 2004

Going to foundrynet.com and typing "password recovery" in the search cell
gives, in the first link:

http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/security/Security.html#26019

To recover from a lost password:
   1. Start a CLI session over the serial interface to the device.
   2. Reboot the device.
   3. At the initial boot prompt at system startup, enter b to enter the
      boot monitor mode.
   4. Enter no password at the prompt. (You cannot abbreviate this
      command.) This command will cause the device to bypass the system
      password check.
   5. Enter boot system flash primary at the prompt.
   6. After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.

scott