[f-nsp] load balancing question

Brent Van Dussen vandusb at attens.com
Wed Sep 22 13:53:24 EDT 2004

Dave,

This should be possible with the no port-http-translate command under the
new VIP.  You will have to create an extra line in your serveriron
configuration to define additional ports on the realservers and then bind
this new port on the second VIP you create.

server virt vip1
port 80
bind http rs1 http rs2 http

server virt vip2
port 80
no port http translate
bind http rs1 8080 rs2 8080

server real rs1
port 80
port 8080

server real rs2
port 80
port 8080

By adding that no port http translate command the VIP will just not
translate the destination port when it sends to the real server so it will
still come into port 80 on the realserver, then you can use some
combination of host header config to separate your sites.

-Brent