[f-nsp] Problem with sntp, gmt+01 and summer-time

Gunther Stammwitz gstammw at gmx.net
Sat Apr 2 17:27:16 EST 2005

Hello my dear colleagues,

I'm using  SW: Version 07.8.00cT53 on a bigiron 4000 and have got a problem
with gmt+01 (Germany), daylight saving time/summer-time and sntp.

Sntp has been working fine so far and the foundry did synchronize with the
sntp-server without any problems.
show sntp associations
  address         ref clock       st  when  poll  delay  disp
*~192.53.103.103  80.84.66.0       1   315     4    0.0     0.33

I've configured the timezone to gmt+01 which is correct for Germany.
#show conf | begin clock
clock timezone gmt GMT+01
sntp server 192.53.103.103

The clock then shows 23:21 which is bad since we do have 00:21 because of
summer-time-adjustments.
#show clock
23:21:49 GMT+01 Sat Apr 02 2005

In order to fix this problem I've been trying to enable summer-time on the
foundry:
clock summer-time

The clock then shows
#show clock
01:23:48 GMT+01 Sun Apr 03 2005

Which isn't correct either because that's one hour too much.

My second try was to set timezone to gmt, configure summer-time and then to
change the timezone to gmt+1 but the result is the same.

Could anyone tell me what the correct settings are, please?

Thanks a lot,
Gunther