[f-nsp] Any guide for moving configs from Cisco?

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Mon Apr 4 19:55:34 EDT 2005

> > BGP with redistributes
>
> same except no spaces in descs, and on route-map put 'in'/'out' before the
> route-map name instead of after
>
> > and route maps (BOY are there route-map's),
>
> same (you'll be glad to hear!)

Hi,

	Just to give everyone a little giggle, I contacted the Foundry TAC
(I do pay for support....) and sent them some of my concerns and questions
how to go about some things. That was a week ago. They passed me off to
the local account team, which was a free for all trying to figure out
who would be helping. I finally got *1* person, laid it all out to him,
and hoped to hear back.

	Well, I did. I was told my devices didn't support BGP.... Thats
weird :

telnet at f4802#sho ip bgp sum
  BGP4 Summary
  Router ID: AA.BB.X.X   Local AS Number : 65535
  Confederation Identifier : not configured
  Confederation Peers:
  Maximum Number of Paths Supported for Load Sharing : 1
  Number of Neighbors Configured : 1, UP: 0
  Number of Routes Installed : 0
  Number of Routes Advertising to All Neighbors : 0
  Number of Attribute Entries Installed : 0
  Neighbor Address  AS#   State   Time     Rt:Accepted Filtered Sent   ToSend
  AA.BB.CC.DD       YYYY OPENS   0h57m43s    0        0        0      0

	I'm testing its ability to connect to something we call a "black hole
server". Its an offsite PC running Zebra that allows us to change BGP and
use it to restrict responding to whatever is in it.

	So I configured :

router bgp
 local-as 65535
 neighbor AA.BB.CC.DD remote-as YYYY
 neighbor AA.BB.CC.DD ebgp-multihop 20
 neighbor AA.BB.CC.DD update-source loopback 1
 neighbor AA.BB.CC.DD maximum-prefix 100 95 teardown
 neighbor AA.BB.CC.DD route-map in bgp-from-blackhole
 neighbor AA.BB.CC.DD route-map out bgp-to-blackhole
 neighbor AA.BB.CC.DD soft-reconfiguration inbound
!
route-map  bgp-from-blackhole permit  10
 set local-preference 500
 set community  no-export
!
route-map  bgp-to-blackhole deny  10

	I seem to get it doing OpenSents, but it never really "connects".

	Any thoughts?

		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.