[f-nsp] Brain bending VRRP question for Monday morning

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Tue Apr 19 19:41:34 EDT 2005

> Tuc, I think you may be overcomplicating this.....;)

	Yup, I *KNOW* I am. ;)

> All you really
> need to do is join the FWS's on the same vlan, 100, on the trunk
> ports.  You also need to trunk those together, using the trunk e 47 to
> 48 command.  VRRP needs to have L2 connectivity, the hello's are L2
> multicast's, so the vrrp interfaces need to be on the same L2 domain
> (vlan).  I think the span tree issues you had before were because
> ports 47 and 48 were not trunked.  This would create a loop, if you
> dropped them onto the same vlan.

	ACTUALLY........

	Foundry called me about something, so I asked them, and they
told me I don't even NEED 47/48. The fact that on the SIXL side that
the 2 connections are in the same VLAN there, just by hooking it into
the FWS's...... Its accomplishing what I needed in the first place.

	So, all this for naught. Sorry to bother people.

		Thanks, Tuc