[f-nsp] Any guide for moving configs from Cisco?

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Wed Apr 20 02:23:22 EDT 2005

> > > mainly the same, check default metrics
> > >
> > 	This is what I'm working on now.... I can't assign an area to
> > a VLAN?? It has to be per port? I used to put "ip ospf network
> > point-to-multipoint" in Vlan1. I wanted to do the point-to-point, but
> > it definitely states it can't be VLAN'd.
>
> On Foundry you have to create a routing interface for a VLAN if you want
> routing in it.
>
> vlan X
>  router-interface ve x
>
> interface ve x
>  ip ospf area x

	Ok. I guess I can do that.... But in trying to do the 1 for 1
I'm running into some issues....

	On the (cisco) router, I'm doing :

router ospf 12345
 router-id 1.2.3.225
 log-adjacency-changes
 redistribute connected subnets route-map static-to-ospf
 redistribute static subnets route-map static-to-ospf
 network 1.2.3.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
 default-information originate route-map ospf-default-primary
!

route-map static-to-ospf permit 10
 match ip address MY-backbone

ip access-list standard some-backbone
 permit 129.250.0.0

ip access-list standard TTSG-backbone
 permit 1.2.3.0 0.0.0.255

route-map ospf-default-primary permit 10
 match ip address some-backbone
 set metric 10
 set metric-type type-2

	The issues I'm running into :

1) How do I log adjacency changes?
2) It looks like in Cisco land the network statement has to be the reverse
	of normal.... Is this right?
3) It doesn't look like I can use route-map for default-information-originate..
	Is there some way around it?

	I see OSPF as alot of work just to get the IP's on the other FWS
it is connected to. I have 2 ve's that I want it to go over, and trying to
do "ip route" won't let me set the same metric for the 2 so it'll share them.
I guess I could tell the "A" unit and ve "1" to have 128, and ve "2" to have
"129", and then the opposite on the other side... Its really only 2 IPs
on the other side that I need to get to, so that'd be 4 statements, versus
how much grief for OSPF... Am I just better off doing that?

		Thanks, Tuc