[f-nsp] configuring port groups for health checks

Brent Van Dussen vandusb at attens.com
Sat Aug 20 12:49:31 EDT 2005

We have accomplished this using Track groups in the past.  Group port 80 as
the primary and 443 as the grouped service.  If port 80 should fail its
healtcheck, all the rest of the ports that are in the same group will also
be taken out of service.  Yes it is more for sticky but it does exactly
what you want in a fairly easy to configure fashion.

"

track

You can configure the SI to send all client requests for a specific set of
TCP/UDP ports to the same real server as a "primary" TCP/UDP port grouped
with the other ports. You can group a primary TCP/UDP port with up to four
additional TCP/UDP ports. After the SI sends a client request for the
primary port to a real server, subsequent requests from the client for
ports grouped with the primary port go to the same real server. See
<http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/sichassis/slb.html#wp105437>"TCP/UDP
Application Groups" for an example of application grouping.

Note that if any service port is down for a real server, any track ports on
that real server are not considered for load balancing.
"

http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/sichassis/slb.html#wp105437

That link is for chassis but the config should be the same on the
stackables.  Give it a shot.

-Brent