[f-nsp] Cisco 3550 to FESX424

Tine Hutchison foundry-nsp at well-duh.net
Tue Dec 6 13:43:44 EST 2005

Two things to know that will probably get you most of the way there.

1) VLAN assignment is handled in the vlan config and not the interface config.
2) vlan interfaces are created in the vlan config and are called 've' virtual
ethernet.

i.e.
vlan 4
spanning-tree 802-1w
tagged e 4
router-interface ve 22

interface ve 4
port-name cust 4
ip address 1.2.3.4/30
ip access-group 123 in

I don't use any sort of traffic policing, so I'm not sure how you'd do that.

You should know in advance that the FESX doesn't do outbound ACLs and never
will.  You don't have any ACLs in your example, but it is something to
be aware
of.

Tine