[f-nsp] BGP: No path is selected as BEST route

Erik Haagsman erik at we-dare.net
Thu Dec 29 10:54:12 EST 2005

Armand,

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 17:04 +0100, A. Krijgsman - QCC wrote:
> My question:
> Do I need to do a software update in able to fix the routing problem?
> (Cause I have never done this before and I prefere testing it a bit
> more before doing it in a live enviroment)

You really need a "show default value" from config mode and look up the
"ip-route" parameter to see how much routes can be installed. If it's
below the number of routes you're receiving from a single full BGP feed,
chances are you're loosing routes. If you've got enough memory left, you
can increase the value using the "system-max" command, also from config
mode. Check the Foundry docs for more info on the command and possible
parameters. If you do change the value, you'll need to reload the switch
in order for the change to become effective. But before you do, make
sure that the next-hops of the routes are reachable via a direct route
or IGP, since that can also cause routes to not become active.

Cheers,

--
---
Erik Haagsman