[f-nsp] ServerIron XL configuration

D Dinh sdjava at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:17:10 EST 2005

Hi,

This is the current setup of our foundry ServerIron XL
  (version  07.3.04T12)
---------------------------
server source-ip 192.168.101.1 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
server real web1 192.168.101.101
port 8080
server real web2 192.168.101.102
port 8080
server virtual www [real-ip.75]
port http sticky concurrent
bind http web1 8080 web2 8080

ip address [real-ip.76] 255.255.255.240
ip default-gateway [real-ip.65]
---------------------------

We have no other router beside the foundry.
- our ServerIron XL is handling SLB as expected
  however we need one of the server to be able to send out mail
  This setup obviously not doing any level 3 routing.
- i tried to redo the setup following the "ip forwarding"
  from an example of the si-guide book but then the SLB is hosed.
- I tried configure for static NAT for one real ip to an internal server
  Supposedly that would not affect SLB, but then I can't seem to
  ssh from one of the server to another!

Question please:
- do i need to add a router/firewall?
  I like the current setup is that the ServerIron XL
  is hiding all of our servers without a need for a full router/firewall
- Can anyone point me to a good source of ServerIron examples?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John