[f-nsp] Any guide for moving configs from Cisco?

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 18:47:20 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Tuc wrote:

> 	I'm doing Interfaces as part of Vlans,

different

> ospf (Which might come out in this new config, haven't decided yet),

mainly the same, check default metrics

> BGP with redistributes

same except no spaces in descs, and on route-map put 'in'/'out' before the
route-map name instead of after

> and route maps (BOY are there route-map's),

same (you'll be glad to hear!)

> and community lists, and prefix-lists, and as-paths,

same same same

> and prepending and setting communitys and
> adding communities and lots of metrics and local pref's.....

same same same, make sure your default metrics are the same

> > Interface syntax is almost the same, VLAN config is totally different.
> >
> 	Where can I find out more about the VLAN stuff? We assign the IPs
> in the VLANs and ospf priority and vtp-domain.

conf t
# vlan blah name foo
(vlan)# tag eth 1/2
(vlan)# router-interface ve 34