[f-nsp] tcp offload with SI450

Alex Blauvelt blauvelta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:32:18 EDT 2005

All-

Is anyone out there using 'tcp offload' with serveriron 450s?  I'm
interested to hear about others experiences with the feature.

For those that don't know, the feature takes advantage of HTTP 1.1
persistent connections.  It will take multiple incoming HTTP
connections and combines them into fewer HTTP connections to the
servers.  This saves load on the server as it doesn't have to go
through the 3 way handshake for every single request.

http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/sichassis/l7-
switching.html#100295

I'm looking to offer this feature to some of my internal customers,
but I would like to find out from others if their experiences have
been good or bad.

-Alex