[f-nsp] Problem with NAT Foundry Server Iron XL

Ramón Alvarez Rayo ramon.alvarez at alfanumeric.com.ni
Mon Aug 7 14:52:37 EDT 2006

We recently received a Server Iron Switch (16 10/100 + 2 Geth), i configured
this switch to do NAT for our networks, but we are experimenting service
instablility when we use as gateway the Server iron, some times is very show
and then few moments later is very fast. We want to replace a Cisco 3845
that is doing NAT translation with this equipment but we can’t move to
production this equipment.

The Software version is 07.5.00T12, and the config related to nat is the
following, actually we have only nat in this equipment.  I tried to setup
the timeout for nat session and we don’t get any changes.

What could be cause this issue ?

vlan 200 name RED_PUBLICA by port

 untagged ethe 16

  router-interface ve 1

!

vlan 199 name RED_PRIVADA by port

 untagged ethe 15

  router-interface ve 2

!

ip nat inside

ip nat inside source list 10 pool NAT1 overload

ip nat pool NAT1 200.62.80.3 200.62.80.4 prefix-len 29

ip default-gateway 200.62.80.1

ip dns domain-name alfanumeric.com.ni

ip dns server-address 200.62.65.1

interface e 15

 speed-duplex 100-full

!

interface e 16

 speed-duplex 100-full

!

interface ve 1

 ip address 200.62.80.2 255.255.255.248

!

interface ve 2

 ip address 192.168.4.254 255.255.255.0

!

access-list 10 permit 192.168.4.0 0.0.0.255

!