[f-nsp] Document to reduce routes? (Was: Way to port forward?)

Tom Samplonius tom at uniserve.com
Mon Aug 7 13:49:53 EDT 2006

Tuc,

   I think it is the same everywhere:  filter our routes that you don't need.

   If you have two upstreams, probably just filter out everything with a AS path
of three or longer.  And ask both of your upstreams to inject a default route
(if they are not already doing so).

   This will result in basically the same traffic distribution (routes with paths
or 3 or longer are probalby the same for each upstream anyways), but probably
less than 20,000 routes.  It depends somewhat on your upstreams though, as a
tier1 provider will have a much bigger table of one and two AS hop routes.

Tom