[f-nsp] NetIron MLX Experience..

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Aug 10 15:06:19 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 10:21:58AM +0200, Gerald Krause wrote:

> And how does the MLX/XMR series handle packets that have *no* valid L3
> destination without a default route - can the box do this in HW? Will this
> still eat lots of CAM in a (d)DOS?

telnet at mlx1(config)#ip hw?
  hw-drop-on-def-route   Set Hardware-drop on IP default route to NULL0

So far I'm giving my thumbs up to the job Foundry has done fixing up the
really well known design issues that have historically distinguished real
routers from "enterprise grade L3 switches which someone decided to market
as a core router to people gullible enough to buy into it".