[f-nsp] Recommended software release for bigiron/jetcore and Netiron MLX - software feature comparison matrix available?

Bruce Rodger Bruce.Rodger at strath.ac.uk
Sun Dec 10 15:13:49 EST 2006

> Is there some sort of feature comparison matrix available? Which software
> are you running on your devices and why?
> I don't really get what the difference between a patched 7.8 and a 8.0
> release is?

Main new feature on 8.0, if I recall correctly, is IPv6 on Jetcore.

Talk to your Foundry support people - the relationships between the
two code trains (and indeed between some of the "sub-trains" within
each of these releases) is not immediately obvious. For example,
we have encountered bugs in the "latest" version of 7.8.01# which
had been corrected several months earlier in the "older" 7.8.00#
code.

Bruce.
--
Bruce Rodger                      |Bruce.Rodger at strath.ac.uk  PGP key available