[f-nsp] SIXL active/standby failover when adding new real server?

Tom Samplonius tom at uniserve.com
Sun Dec 10 23:28:50 EST 2006

   I have a pair of SIXLs in an active/standby config doing SLB only (no L3,
single subnet).

   Whenever I add a new real server to the active SIXL, it seems to hang for a
while, and the standby takes over.  As soon as I type the "server real xyz
1.2.3.4" command, and hit enter, it does this.  I haven't even done any binding
yet, and the server isn't handling any other services.

   Is this normal?  Anyone seen this before?  I'm not sure why adding a new real
server would cause a hit at all.

Tom