[f-nsp] VRRP-E in combination with Route-Maps

A. Krijgsman - QCC a.krijgsman at quality-control-centre.net
Sat Feb 25 15:04:05 EST 2006

Dear All,

I have tried to google myself an awnser, however miserably failed :(

The story:
Yesterday we installed our second router.
So now we got two BigIron 4000 systems running as a virtual router trough
the VRRP-E protocol.
Normally (when we were running on one router) we got a route-map for our two
transit providers.

Provider A.     pref: 110
Provider B.     pref: 90

So all traffic would primary go to provider A. (It's all in the commitments
hûh ;-) )
However we REMOVED the route-maps from both routers now.
Just to see what traffic does.
However, all traffic still goes primarily over Provider A. (And I mean like
99%)

Can this have something to do with the VRRP-E protocol in combination with
our setup?

1. All servers running on the Router A Switch Blade.
    Router A is connected with Provider A.
2. Router B is connected with Provider B.
3. Router A and Router B are connected trough iBGP.

I would be delighted if someone could fix me up with some information about
this.

Kind regards,
Armand Krijgsman

Quality Control Centre