[f-nsp] Serveriron XL uplink to switch

Joel Fin foundry-nsp at negative1.org
Tue Jan 31 22:53:36 EST 2006

Hello,

I just added a virtual server (jp-vip), and a couple of real servers to out SI, however we were out of ports on the SI so I attached a non-managed Dell Gb switch to one of the ports (e13) on the SI. Everything thing seemed to work at first. I can get to the site from outside, and all real server directly connected to the SI can connect to jp-vip without any problem.  However I'm unable to connect to jp-vip from any of the real servers connected to the Dell switch. The real servers on the dell switch can connect to any of the other VIPs on the SI. All real servers, and VIPs are on the same subnet.

I'm pretty new to SLB, and networking in general and would appreciate any suggestions. I feel there must be a pretty simple solution to this that I'm missing.

thanks,
-joel