[f-nsp] Aggregation question

Niels Bakker niels=foundry-nsp at bakker.net
Mon Jul 24 08:52:09 EDT 2006

* olivier.dafou at laposte.net (olivier.dafou) [Mon 24 Jul 2006, 14:04 CEST]:
>But it would seem that it is not possible to use 4 Gig ports
>on Netiron (ironcore).
>
>Can you confirm that to me?

I've done that on BigIron IronCore.  Note that load distribution will be
suboptimal on IronCore.  The two pairs of ports that make up such a
trunk need not be adjacent (the ports in each pair do, and the first
port has to be uneven).

Can you be more specific what you're trying to do?  In other words, what
exact command is failing?  This:

| Router(config)#trunk server e 1/1 to 1/4

should work. (Disclaimer: I have been IronCore-free for several years now)

	-- Niels.

--
This message shall not be carried in aircraft on combat missions or
when there is a reasonable chance of its falling into the hands of