[f-nsp] How to route-map default route

Paul McDonnell - MC pmcdonnell at mercurycompanies.com
Fri Jun 2 13:24:24 EDT 2006

Hi Scott,

I believe if you use an ip prefix-list as opposed to a standard ACL it might
accomplish what you want for your route-map (this syntax works on Cisco for
sure, believe it should be the same for Foundry)  :

ip prefix-list default-route permit 0.0.0.0/0
!
route-map  bgp-from-asXXXXXX-primary permit  40
 match ip address prefix-list default-route
 set metric 100
 set local-preference 105
 set community  35954:1000 35954:1006 35954:10061 additive
!
end

I believe the 0.0.0.0/0 standard acl permit is destination based and the
Foundry rightly inteprets it as 'any' whereas the prefix-list is matching
the actual prefix announced to you from your provider.

-paul