[f-nsp] Incoming CRC-Errors on remot side but no outgoing errors on my switch but there are WriteDrops.

gk at ax.tc gk at ax.tc
Fri Jun 16 05:01:39 EDT 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 03:54, Gunther Stammwitz wrote:
> > And we're also having those drops on a different machine with
> > only a B8GMR3-A. In fact I've never seen a foundry with M3 or
> > M4(no experience with M1 and M2) without those drops.
> > But unlike you we're not experiencing any CRC errors at all.
> > However, the WriteDrop counter might not indicate a problem,
> > the CRC errors in the opposite may.

I'll second this - I have WriteDrop's on both of our NetIrons with M4-mgmt
modul but no CRC problems so far. My feeling is the WriteDrop count increase
often when the system has to drop a lot of packets, e.g. in the case the
destinations are not reachable or locally routed via Null0.

--
Gerald | AX.TC