[f-nsp] RPS3-AC Question

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Wed Mar 1 18:57:03 EST 2006

I've just got an "RPS3" labeled power supply unit with only ~250W
(12V/2A + 5V/45A).  When I put this certain RPS3 into a N800 chassis
(without any modules) the noise is quite different than with one of the
other RPS3 - surely due to slower rotating fans and this is not a good
omen...

The label and stickers seems to be original however they looks older
than that on my other RPS3 with ~550W (12V/4A + 5.15V/100A). Are there
different flavours of the RPS3 the wild? Or is it a mislabeled RPS5?

 --Gerald