[f-nsp] Cannot access my Foundry NetIron 24g remotely

Cliff Fogle Cliff at kodakgallery.com
Mon May 1 12:18:33 EDT 2006

I think you are talking about an EdgeIron 24g.

If so, these switches are in no way similar to any other Foundry device.
They were an OEM switch with a completely different CLI.  They also just
didn't work very well and VLANs were particularly difficult to
configure.

Depending on the code rev., they would suddenly lose the ability to
communicate with their default gateway.  You could reach them from their
local subnet, but not from outside of it.

I highly suggest that you put this switch away.  If you're thinking
about purchasing Foundry equipment, I would suggest you contact your
local sales rep, and eval a FESX-448 with routing code.  This switch
will give you a very good idea of the Foundry CLI and it's a fantastic
switch.