[f-nsp] Rewrite VLAN ID

Erik Haagsman erik at we-dare.net
Tue May 23 10:02:40 EDT 2006

Hi George/Thomas,

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 14:11 +0100, Thomas Mangin wrote:
> George Yalamov wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to do that ? Or to rewrite vlan ID C on ingress
> > to D and on egress change vlan ID D to original ID C. My be there is a
> > way to do that?
> >
> > Apologize if you find this guestion stupid.
>
> AFAIK, it is not possible atm, you will have to change all your VLAN :(

Or, alternatively (and ghettotastic but practical), if you've got ports
to spare and it's not a whole lot of VLANs you need to rewrite, just
physically bridge and connect an untagged port in one of the VLANs you'd
like to rewrite with an untagged port in the new VLAN. It's not pretty
and a pain in the neck to have to do it that way, but can get the job
done if needed. It's about time Foundry started including a CLI-based
solution though..

Cheers,

--
---