[f-nsp] SunT2000 VS FastIron ethernet issue ?

Grégoire VILLAIN gregoire.villain at rtl.fr
Fri Sep 1 05:00:27 EDT 2006

Hi all,

This is one of my first posts on this list, so please be indulgent :)
I have noticed a very (I mean VERY) weird issue with SUN T2000
servers and FastIron switches:
- when running an IPGE driver, I seem to have compatibility issues
with any FastIron, pings from a T2000 in a VLAN to another one in the
same VLAN ihas a 1+03ms delay every 3 ICMP packets (of size 2048)
- when running E1000G driver on the same machine, the problem seems
to have disapeared.
Has anyone been facing (or heard of) such a compatibility issue ?
I am really confused as this is pure switching, so no MTU involved,
except on the SUN side, which I think they're supposed to handle
flawlessly...
Thanks in advance for your feedback !

Grégoire VILLAIN
Ingénieur Réseaux Télécom