[f-nsp] Experiences with netiron MLX-platform

Jayabalan Subramanian jb at netmagicsolutions.com
Tue Sep 19 03:26:24 EDT 2006

Dear Gunther,

My Name is Jayabalan (JB for short) and I am from India. I head technology
for a Datacenter here called Netmagic Solutions. We are in the process of
upgrading our core from 100M to Gigabit and need features like BGP, OSPF,
MPLS and Multi-VRF apart from Rate-limiting and Hierarchical QOS. We have
shortlisted Cisco 7600 and Netiron MLX For this requirement. The Foundry MLX
is very attractively priced compared to Cisco. Since you have been using the
MLX for a couple of months now, Can you please give me your experiences with
the box till now from Performance standpoint, Management standpoint and
Operational and troubleshooting standpoint? In India the Cisco gear is all
over the place and We may be only one of Few who could be going the Foundry
way..

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

With Best Regards,

JB

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
NetMagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize
this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any
virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before
opening the e-mail or attachment. NetMagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd. reserves the
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail address.

Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the NetMagic
Solutions Pvt. Ltd.'s e-mail system.