[f-nsp] Foundry source-nat problem

Jackie Yuen jackie.yuen at ntt.com.hk
Fri Dec 21 05:01:07 EST 2007

Hi,

We have several application servers directly connected to the foundry.  We
have added an extra device on the same subnet behind the Foundry, lets call
it Server A, that require to connect to the other servers with the Foundry
VIP of these servers.   We have tested that by enabling the source-nat
feature, Server A is able to connect to the other servers with their VIP.
However, this does not work for us because these application servers require
to log the client original IP, the source-nat feature make all source IP as
if coming from the SI.   Is there any way to work around?  Or can I
configure using source-nat only for the traffic from Server A?

Many thanks.

Jack