[f-nsp] Loadbalacing (Trunking/LACP) on foundry MLX: unequal loaddistribution.

spenserhuang at aptg.com.tw spenserhuang at aptg.com.tw
Thu Feb 8 05:33:34 EST 2007

Dear All:

I am using MLX-8 with s/w 3.2.01. I think either trunk switch, server  or trunk ethernet all have same problem "some host or mac addresses can't be forward or learned". According the s/w matrix, this problem seems solved in s/w 3.2.01b. I am using VPLS plus trunk server to solve this problem temply. Below is my configuration. This solution is a little bit tricky. There's no vpls-peer since there's no any other MLX or XMR connect to this MLX. However, it still work for local vpls end-point ports.

trunk server ethe 4/1 to 4/2
 config-trunk-ind
 enable e 4/1
 enable e 4/2