[f-nsp] Best NMS for Foundry gear?

Cliff Fogle Cliff at kodakgallery.com
Mon Feb 26 14:37:03 EST 2007

Ironview is okay.  Has some pretty serious flaws though.  The Sflow
implementation is particularly bad.

My number one tool for network insight is the InMon Traffic Sentinal,
which is a great piece of sflow/netflow software.
http://www.inmon.com/products/trafficsentinel.php

For other things such as configuration management and
host-to-switch-port mapping I've had to do custom scripting.  I've never
found any software that does good host-to-port mapping tho...regardless
of the hardware manufacturer.

I've never found a satisfactory NMS in the end all.  It's really too
bad.  (Or I'm just too picky.)