[f-nsp] L2-Transport

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Sat Jan 6 21:39:35 EST 2007

On Sunday 07 January 2007 00:33, Daniel wrote:
> Guten Tag Arnold Nipper,
>
> am Sonntag, 7. Januar 2007 um 00:25 schrieben Sie:
> > On 06.01.2007 22:56 Daniel wrote
> >
> >> Befor the port whent down at the exchangepoint i see 885a
> >> packet. I dont know what it is for a ethertype foundry
> >> said:
> >
> > Try
> >
> >  'no vlan-dynamic-discovery'
>
> unknown command...

'no vlan-dynamic-discovery' works on different systems here (on
both global and interface configuration level):

NI400, NI4GMR, 08.0.01fT53
--------------------------
telnet at R3#conf t
telnet at R3(config)#no vlan-dynamic-discovery
  Vlan dynamic discovery is disabled
telnet at R3(config)#

NI800, NI4GMR, 09.3.00bT53
--------------------------
telnet at R4#conf t
telnet at R4(config)#no vlan-dynamic-discovery
  Vlan dynamic discovery is disabled
telnet at R4(config)#

FI4802-PREM, 08.0.01fT53
RSW1#conf t
RSW1(config)#no vlan-dynamic-discovery
  Vlan dynamic discovery is disabled
RSW1(config)#

On IPv6 enabled systems you may also need a 'ipv6 nd suppress-ra'
on that certain L2-only ports.

--
Gerald    (ax/tc)