[f-nsp] [ServerIronXL] accessing VIP from real server

Tom Samplonius tom at uniserve.com
Mon Jan 22 15:08:25 EST 2007

   Yes, generally you can't do that, because the reply from one real server to
another is probably not going through the SIXL, so it is never re-written.  And
if you are DSR, it never possible, even if it was, as the VIP IP is bound to
each real server.  If you are not using DSR, and you directly attach each server
to the SIXL, it should work.

   However, for e-mail what you can do, is setup an VIP just for internal use,
and source NAT that.  And configure your SMTP server to use the internal VIP, if
they need to get to another server.

Tom