[f-nsp] some command without entering the enable mode

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Sun Jul 8 14:56:42 EDT 2007

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007, Daniel wrote:
> is there any way to allow a user some commands without entering the
> enable mode? I run a Foundry XMR with Software Version 3.3.0a

Yes, all the commands you can normally run at the non enable prompt.

> I wanne setup a Looking Glass and some monitoring issues and i dont
> wanne use the enable password for security reasons.
>
> I need commands like "sh ip bgp sum" or "traceroute" and so on.
> Maybe anyone here have a solution.

Those commands don't require you to enter enable to run.

You will need to make the script log into the router via telnet.

Take a look at yalg as a good looking glass example.

Mike.

| Mike Leber           Direct Internet Connections   Voice 510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric     Web Hosting  Colocation       Fax 510 580 4151 |
| mleber at he.net                                       http://www.he.net |