[f-nsp] BigIron dhcp server

Daniel daniel at ipv6-network.de
Mon Jul 9 13:23:11 EDT 2007

Guten Tag Andrea,

am Montag, 9. Juli 2007 um 18:41 schrieben Sie:

> Hi,
> I wonder if BigIron RX has a built-in dhcp server, it would be very
> useful for me
> to activate it for a particular vlan/ve but I'haven't found a suitable
> command and
> the configuration guide don't mention it.

> Am I searching something impossible?

i dont know the RX series but u can place a normal dhcp server in your
network in any vlan you want configure ip helper-address on each ve
which must reach the dhcp.

Example:

!
interface ve 300
 ip address 192.168.0.1/24
!
interface ve 302
 ip address 192.168.1.1/24
 ip helper-adress 192.168.0.2
!

The dhcp is located in vlan 300 with ip address 192.168.0.2
You can do this with each vlan/ve you want.
Maybe that will help you.

--
greetz daniel