[f-nsp] Foundry CAM bug?

Daniel daniel at ipv6-network.de
Fri Jul 13 10:33:52 EDT 2007

Hi all,

i run a Foundry XMR with 3.3.0.a Software version.

I deleted a vlan and the virtual interface "no vlan 123".
The ve maintains three subnets. After deleting the vlan i cant add
the old subnets to other virtual interfaces. I get the following
error:

(config-vif-306)# ip address 89.106.91.1/24
IP/Port: Errno(6) Duplicate ip address

Oke, first i was looking if there is any overlapping interface:
"sh run | in 89.106.91" and nothing was found.

Now, let us see what the cam say:

Slot Index      IP_Address                   MAC            Age VLAN Out Port
1    0x01ba1(L) 89.106.91.1/32               N/A            Dis N/A  CPU

Interesting, the cam holds the entry for this subnet without any VLAN
ID or MAC or something else.

anyone know if it is a known bug or is there any way to clear the cam entry
exactly for this ip?
Clearing cache "clear ip cache" and "clear arp ip" wont work too.

greetz daniel