[f-nsp] Netiron B4GMR4 - Need BGP Help

Stephan M. Mackenzie stephan at rackco.com
Fri Jul 27 13:19:08 EDT 2007

I have 2 of these in place at my edge, running eBGP, connected to some cisco
routers on an iBGP mesh

Each one of the foundries connects to an outside provider.

Provider 1 - assigned IP space to us, a /22 and was the first one set up, we
announce back to them the /22 and take a full routing table.

Provider 2 - is agreeing to let us announce Provider 1's IP space ( the /22
) and we announce it out as 4 x /24's hoping that this would give Provider 2
a much greater preference and have most if not all incoming request come via
Provider 2.

Unfortunately this is not the case, basically I need some help with BGP
setup on Foundry, and hopefully, some advanced help to force certain of my
customer out going on Provider 1 or 2

If anyone is intimiately familiar with this type of setup and is willing to
help me out please let me know, I will gladly offer compensation if needed.

Stephan