[f-nsp] Foundry EIF48GS switch

bmannella at g3tech.net bmannella at g3tech.net
Fri Jun 1 15:58:03 EDT 2007

Well when i used them, they were top of rack switches. We connected our
servers to them and uplinked (802.1Q) them to L3 switches were we route
our VLANs/Subnets. But in our environment we see the entire range of
packet sizes and constantly push between 20-80 meg per port. Also we use
SNMP every 1 minute to get stats from every port. The switch seems to have
trouble with this also. Not to mention, we have seen some bugs in the code
which Foundry doesn't make for it.

In my opinion, if you are using the switch to connect corporate desktops
and don't need to get stats from every port, i think the switch will do
work fine for you.