[f-nsp] Foundry Router Software Wishlist

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Mon Jun 25 23:38:06 EDT 2007

Mike Leber wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Stephen Wilcox wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>  excellent list.. Ive a few things and I'll probably email more when I have time.
>>
>> I mentioned the BGP timer problem with Foundry 3 yrs ago I'm not sure
>> why its not implemented. FYI it wont bring the session up until you
>> enter a remote ASN, so the workaround I use is to put in the
>> peer-group and other lines dfirst and ASN last.
>
> That workaround doesn't seem to work on the XMR.
>
> #conf t
> (config)#router bgp
> (config-bgp)#nei 10.10.10.10 peer-group EXTPEER
>  Please specify remote-as or peer-group remote AS first

Same here on our XMR's. We always need to enter in the remote-as first.

Somewhat on this topic, are there any Foundry techs or employees that
read and respond on this list? I've only been joined to it a short time
but haven't noticed any responses from foundrynet.com addresses at all.
That's one nice thing about the cisco-nsp list is that several Cisco
employees reply to postings periodically.

I may know someone at Foundry who would be interested in engaging people
on this list in the service provider industry... unless he's already on
it. :)

--

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)940-6100
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear"
-- Mark Twain