[f-nsp] Foundry Router Software Wishlist

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at autempspourmoi.be
Tue Jun 26 12:33:49 EDT 2007

> I've been collecting together items for a Foundry wishlist and thought I'd
> send it to the list to help either get new ideas or plant the ideas in
> other peoples heads.  I know there are ugly work arounds for a lot of
> these, however the ugly workarounds aren't as clean as proper solutions.
> Remember, it's a wishlist...
>
> I've given you mine, what items would be on your wishlist?

A few other things I'd like to see:

* a more helpful CLI completion. When I type "sh vl", I'd like the box to
complete my typing to "sh vlan", instead of just letting me know that there
are two commands that start with "vl" ("vlan" and "vlan-group")
* less crap in the CLI history. Every time I hit the question mark, a line
with the question mark gets inserted into the CLI history. Completely
useless!
(These first two are present with Cisco BTW)
* Interface counters and SNMP polling of VE interfaces! I can't believe this
is not available...

Vincent