[f-nsp] cookie based switching on serveriron

Nils Domrose nils at domrose.net
Fri Mar 9 12:36:26 EST 2007

Hi Dalton,

you need to turn DSR off in Cookie Hashing scenarios
In DSR the Serveriron does not process the Answer, and therfore would
not "see" any Set-Cookie responses required to make Cookie Hashing work.

If you use Cookie Switching you will parse the Request Cookie value
and look for a specific string - based on this value you will send
the request to a defined real server.

Since no part of the response is required for this to work, this
should work in DSR scenarios as well.

something like:

csw-rule "test1-8080" header "Cookie" pattern ".pattern1"

csw-policy "virtual-test"
match "test1-8080" forward 1025

server real test1 x.x.x.x
  port 8080 server-id 1025

server virtual virtual-test y.y.y.y
   port http csw-policy "virtual-test"
   port dsr
   port http csw

should work ....

unfortunenately i do not have a testbox at hand at the moment...

Nils