[f-nsp] Opinions on the FESX448

Cliff Fogle Cliff at kodakgallery.com
Wed Mar 21 19:42:11 EDT 2007

I have an extensive deploy of FWSX448 (FESX without the L3 upgrade
option).  They have been absolutely rock solid as straight L2 switches.
I can't really say anything bad.  Rock solid sflow export, 802.1w/RSTP
and nice straight packet switching.  10G upgrade path is a bonus and the
dual power supplies a must in my environment.  As usual with Foundry
(excluding EdgeIron), all devices operate off the same SNMP MIB which
makes monitoring a breeze.

I don't have any deployed doing L3.  Been told they do line rate, which
is a bit hard to believe, but things have changed since I started in the
late 90's.

Cliff Fogle
Senior Network Engineer
Kodak Imaging Network, Inc.